MEDFORD, Ore. (March 29, 2022) — Oregon Wine Experience® (OWE), one of the top destination charity wine and culinary events in the region, announced plans for its 2022 signature celebration taking place Aug. 17-21 at a brand-new location. Stage Pass, a seven-acre site bordering Jacksonville, Ore. will be the new home of Oregon Wine Experience. For the first time since 2019, Asante Foundation’s signature event will take place under a 38,000 square-foot tent and feature five main events: the inaugural Collectors’ Tasting, Founders’ Barrel Auction, Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake and Grand Tasting. The Medal Celebration will be broadcast online for all to tune in and enjoy, with an intimate studio audience.
“We’re thrilled to gather in-person again and celebrate in this exciting new location. With a backdrop amongst the vines, a larger footprint and the ever-growing philanthropic impact this event offers, there’s no doubt that Oregon Wine Experience is going to the next level,” said Andrea Reeder, vice president and executive director of Asante Foundation.
The new location at Stage Pass enables OWE to expand the five-day celebration for several years to come. “My family has been a steward of this land [Stage Pass] since the 1950s, and the current family members charged with its care have a vision to create a wine-country focused community at Stage Pass. We also have a passion for economic development, and the tremendous evolution of our wine industry and related tourism is an important part of our future…this move to Stage Pass is wonderful for tourism, winery partners and the Oregon Wine Experience,” said Stephen Gambee, owner and partner of Stage Pass.
This year’s schedule boasts OWE’s traditional events as well as new features:
- Wednesday, Aug. 17 – Medal Celebration: This event will be hosted via a livestream showing for anyone to tune in virtually. Viewers will have a front row seat as the 2022 Oregon Wine Competition® results are announced.
- Thursday, Aug. 18 – Collectors’ Tasting: A new addition to the event series, this elevated, invitation-only occasion will give guests the exclusive, early opportunity to taste the wines of the 2022 Founders’ Barrel Auction. Bidding will open online for all to participate.
- Friday, Aug. 19 – Founders’ Barrel Auction: Featuring winemakers and their exclusive creations from all corners of the state, attendees can bid online or from their phones for a chance to win these special cases.
- Saturday, Aug. 20 – Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake: During an opulent salmon dinner, the program will showcase the story of a local patient and the vast impact of philanthropy. The master of ceremonies and auctioneer will take the audience on an engaging ride through a live auction with coveted auction items and cuing a Paddle Raise. Online, mobile bidding will be open throughout the week for anyone to participate in the silent auction.
- Sunday, Aug. 21 – Grand Tasting: The largest event of the week, attendees will take a journey through Oregon’s award-winning wine and culinary pairings from restaurateurs.
- Ultimate Vintner Dinners: These small, intimate gatherings will take place at wineries and culinary partner locations throughout Oregon wine regions from June through August.
One-hundred percent of Oregon Wine Experience’s proceeds benefit Asante Foundation. Continuing its support of Southern Oregon’s local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Asante, this year’s funding will help build a new women’s and children’s hospital-within-a hospital. The two floors dedicated to women’s and children’s health care are a component of the six-story pavilion currently under construction at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Ore.
Other annual and year-round events continue this year. Oregon Wine Competition will take place July 15-17, when six world-renowned wine experts travel to Oregon and evaluate wines submitted to the competition. Tickets also are available for select Oregon Wine University® classes here and will be updated as more become available.
For more information, please visit theoregonwineexperience.com or call (541) 789-5025.