Interested in volunteering at Oregon Wine Experience®?
Thank you! This event wouldn’t be possible without our volunteers. Come share in the experience and appreciation of good wine and food while supporting the Children’s Miracle Network and other Asante Foundation healthcare programs. Your time and energy will be well spent!
Art Wall volunteers are approachable, tech savvy, and willing to help guests use their mobile phones to bid on art pieces or can use an iPad to bid for them.
Auction Check Out volunteers are night owls who can help tear down, organize, and distribute auction packages to guests as they leave the Miracle Auction.
Back Waiters are responsible for bussing tables and providing hospitality to guests during the major events.
Bid Board Team members are energetic, outgoing individuals who write on bid boards/enter bids via iPad, and help to create interest in bidding during the Barrel Auction.
Bid Butlers need good people skills and a bit of tech savvy to help guests use their mobile phones for online bidding and place bids using an iPad for guests who need assistance.
Bid Spotter Helpers will be stationed throughout the venue during the Miracle Auction on Saturday to use their eyes and ears to alert Bid Spotters to bidders in their area.
Cause Corner volunteers share with guests how donations help our patients in their time of greatest need and help guests make donations with their mobile phones or by using an iPad.
Cork Pull volunteers are good sales people who make it fun for guests to purchase a chance to pick a cork and win a bottle of delicious Oregon wine.
General Set Up/Tear Down volunteers are the tireless workers who make this event successful by completing the necessary tasks/projects needed to get ready for each day/night.
Glass Patrol volunteers are adept at handling delicate glassware as they clean, polish, display, remove, and transport hundreds of glasses throughout the week.
Heavy Lifters are strong, willing, and able to assist with the movement of furniture and heavier items during set up.
Live Auction Party Team is a group of fun-loving people who generate excitement, pop confetti, and create a party environment for our Miracle Auction guests.
Merchandise Sales people organize, refresh, re-stock, and sell Oregon Wine Experience® merchandise to guests.
Raffle Team members work the crowd to sell raffle tickets, explain raffle prizes, and socialize with guests, in a friendly competition with other teams to sell the most tickets.
Registration volunteers are customer-service oriented people who assist with set up, check in and check out using a laptop computer (Training provided).
Silent Auction Team members assist with labeling, carrying, and arranging silent auction packages.
Water Patrol volunteers manage the stocking, filling, handing out, and refrigeration of all water supplies (bottled and containers).
Wine Stewards pour, serve, and have complete server contact on all major event nights (bus, serve, refill, clear, etc.).
Winery Concierges will be assigned to assist specific wineries at Grand Tasting with ice, water, and any other needs they may have.
Volunteer Selection Process
All volunteers are important to us and we love to have newcomers! However, when choosing volunteer assignments we do take into consideration the following:
- Whether individual has volunteered in the past
- Individual’s past performance as a volunteer
- How early the volunteer information is submitted
We appreciate your interest in volunteering at the Oregon Wine Experience®. Volunteers who work a total of 10 hours or more will receive: One (1) complimentary Grand Tasting ticket
There will be a final pour celebration following the Grand Tasting on August 26, 2018!
- Volunteer commitments vary in time and length depending on the event.
- Volunteers agree to be on time to all assigned shifts (preferably 5-10 minutes early). If necessary, we ask that you cancel shifts 48 hours in advance so we can fill your spot.
- Volunteers are responsible for transportation to and from events however, there may be opportunities for carpooling (we will notify you by email or phone).
- For most events we prefer volunteers to be 21 years of age or older but those under 21 still have opportunities – they just will not have a role in the distribution or consumption of alcohol.
- Information about your assignments will be given at a mandatory orientation prior to the event.
- After submitting your volunteer information you can expect to be contacted within 72 hours.
Some volunteer positions fill up rather quickly… sign up today!
Please read through the volunteer information above before filling out your application.Sign Up Here!
- Check-in process: Click here to see video
- Allocating and selling tickets: Click here to see video
- Check-out process: Click here to see video