Interested in volunteering at Oregon Wine Experience®?
Thank you! This event wouldn’t be possible without our volunteers. Come share in the experience and appreciation of good wine and food while supporting the Children’s Miracle Network and other Asante Foundation healthcare programs. Your time and energy will be well spent!
Please read through the volunteer information below before filling out your application.Sign Up Here!
- Auction Check Out volunteers assist with organizing and distributing auction packages to guests on Saturday and Sunday. May include lifting and carrying items to guest vehicles.
Bid Board Team members are energetic, outgoing individuals who write on bid boards/enter bids via iPad, and help to create interest in bidding during the Barrel Auction.
Bid Butlers are approachable, tech savvy, and willing to help guests use their mobile phones for online bidding and place bids using an iPad for guests who need assistance.
- Cause Corner volunteers share with guests how donations help our patients in their time of greatest need and help guests make donations with their mobile phones or by using an iPad.
Cork Pull volunteers are good sales people who make it fun for guests to purchase a chance to pick a cork and win a bottle of delicious Oregon wine.
- Culinary Support team members will assist the Seven Feathers Casino Resort team in making sure our food displays are gorgeous and squeaky clean.
- Food Runners are quick on their feet with steady hands, ready to deliver servings of delicious treats to seated guests. Put on your running shoes.
General Set Up/Clean Up volunteers are the tireless workers who make this event successful by completing the necessary tasks/projects needed to get ready for each day/night.
Glass Patrol volunteers are adept at handling delicate glassware as they clean, polish, display, remove, and transport hundreds of glasses throughout the week.
Heavy Lifters are strong, willing, and able to assist with the movement of furniture and heavier items during set up.
- ID Bracelet Greeters are friendly and comfortable working in a crowd, greeting guests as they pass through security, applying wristbands, and making sure all guests have a positive experience while waiting to check into the events.
Live Auction Party Team is a group of fun-loving people who generate excitement, pop confetti, and create a party environment for our Miracle Auction guests.
Merchandise Sales people organize, refresh, re-stock, and sell Oregon Wine Experience® merchandise to guests.
Passed Appetizer Servers are confident in a group and have an easy smile and a steady hand, as they will be working their way through the crowd with tasty treats in high demand (Service experience helpful, but not required).
Raffle Team members work the crowd to sell raffle tickets, explain raffle prizes, and socialize with guests, in a friendly competition with other teams to sell the most tickets.
Registration volunteers are customer-service oriented people who assist with set up, check in, and check out using a laptop computer (Training provided).
Silent Auction Set Up Team members assist with labeling, carrying, and arranging silent auction packages.
Tear Down Team volunteers have attention to detail and the scrutinizing eye for finalizing the days events, including clearing tables and linens, and transferring items to storage. (Tear Down Team volunteers will receive double hours towards their complimentary Grand Tasting ticket.)
Water Patrol volunteers manage the stocking, filling, handing out, and refrigeration of all water supplies (bottled and containers).
Wine Stewards pour, serve, and have complete server contact on all major event nights (bus, serve, refill, clear, etc.). These positions require previous server experience and valid OLCC server permit.
Volunteer Selection Process
All volunteers are important to us and we love to have newcomers! However, when choosing volunteer assignments we do take into consideration the following:
- Whether individual has volunteered in the past
- Individual’s past performance as a volunteer
- How early the volunteer information is submitted
Please plan to attend our Volunteer Orientation on Monday, August 19, 2019, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. You will have the opportunity to tour the venue, meet your staff leads, pick up your Oregon Wine Experience® shirt, and learn more about the volunteer job(s) you’ve selected.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering at the Oregon Wine Experience®. Volunteers who work a total of 10 hours or more will receive: One (1) complimentary Grand Tasting ticket
There will be a final pour celebration following the Grand Tasting at 5:30 pm on August 25, 2019!
- Volunteer commitments vary in time and length depending on the event.
- Volunteers agree to be on time to all assigned shifts (preferably 15 minutes early). If necessary, we ask that you cancel shifts 48 hours in advance so we can fill your spot.
- Volunteers are responsible for transportation to and from events; however, there may be opportunities for carpooling (we will notify you by email or phone).
- Volunteers will be expected to wear white, khaki, grey or black bottoms, shorts/skirts should surpass fingertips when hands are at your sides. Comfortable walking shoes are a must – this event is held on an uneven grass field. Closed toe shoes are requested for wine stewards, food runners, heavy lifters and anyone doing physical tasks. No cargo pants, athletic shorts, or short shorts please. Please wear your volunteer logo shirt and wristband for each shift that you participate in. General Set Up and Tear Down shift volunteers are welcome to wear more casual shorts or pants with the volunteer logo shift. Wine stewards will be provided with a wine key and apron.
- For most events we prefer volunteers to be 21 years of age or older but those under 21 still have opportunities – they just will not have a role in the distribution or consumption of alcohol.
- Information about your assignments will be given at a mandatory orientation prior to the event.
- After submitting your volunteer information you can expect to be contacted within 72 hours.
Some volunteer positions fill up rather quickly… sign up today!Sign Up Here!
- Check-in process: Click here to see video
- Allocating and selling tickets: Click here to see video
- Check-out process: Click here to see video
- Wine Service: Click here to see video
- Cork Pull: Click here to see video