MEDFORD, Ore. (Aug. 29, 2022) — The 2022 Oregon Wine Experience® took place at a new venue, Stage Pass, after two years in an all-virtual format. This year, 3,000 guests gathered and raised $2.2 million for children’s health care. For the first time, the charitable wine event broke the $2 million fundraising threshold, attracting thousands to celebrate the very best of Oregon, and help enhance health care in Southern Oregon and Northern California through Asante Foundation.
“We’re so grateful for our sponsors, participating wineries, culinary partners and volunteers who make this event a success,” said Andrea Reeder, vice president and executive director of Asante Foundation. We couldn’t have this event without the Oregon wine community—more than 100 wineries contributed to Oregon Wine Experience this year. Thank you.”
The five-day event boasted unique tasting opportunities with award-winning Oregon wines and custom cuvées, as well as multiple auctions, under a 38,000 square-foot tent amongst the vines:
- Medal Celebration (Wednesday, August 17): This livestream event unveiled the Oregon Wine Competition® medal winners. The Medal Celebration saluted the 207 wines that went home with a medal—Silver, Gold, Double Gold, Best of Class or Best of Show. This year’s Best of Show honorees include:
- Specialty: 2021 Erath Pinot Noir Rosé (Oregon AVA)
- White: 2021 King Estate Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley AVA)
- Red: 2019 Domaine Serene Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley AVA)
- Collectors’ Tasting (Thursday, August 18): A new addition to the event series, this elevated, invitation-only occasion provided guests the exclusive, early opportunity to taste the wines of the 2022 Founders’ Barrel Auction. Mobile bidding opened at the start of the event for all to participate.
- Founders’ Barrel Auction (Friday, August 19): Featuring winemakers and their exclusive creations from all corners of the state, attendees continued bidding for a chance to win these special cases. The auction featured more than 50 lots from 27 wineries.
- Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake (Saturday, August 20): During an opulent salmon dinner, the program showcased the story of a pediatric patient, Miles, and the vast impact that Oregon Wine Experience guests have on children’s health care. The master of ceremonies and auctioneer executed a record-breaking live auction and Paddle Raise.
- Grand Tasting (Sunday, August 21): The largest event of the week, attendees got to taste Oregon’s award-winning wines complemented by culinary pairings from restaurateurs.
The 2023 event dates will be available soon. For more information, please visit theoregonwineexperience.com or call (541) 789-5025.