JACKSONVILLE, Ore. (May 3, 2021) — Oregon Wine Experience® (OWE), one of the top destination charity wine and culinary events, announced plans for its 2021 signature celebration taking place Aug. 23-29, 2021. A unique event format, including smaller-scale physical gatherings and virtual options, will allow attendees to enjoy the event safely, or from the comfort of their homes. Key events, such as the Founders’ Barrel Auction and Grand Tasting, are back with enhancements.
“Communities around Oregon demonstrated their commitment to OWE and its cause in 2020. We’re proud to join together again in 2021 with a new event format and demonstrate the growing philanthropic impact this event has,” said Floyd Harmon, executive director, Asante Foundation.
2021 main events schedule
OWE meticulously outlined four phased event plans to accommodate varying state and county guidelines. In-person events will follow all current mandates and protocol requirements in August. The format is subject to change based on the guidelines at the time of the event. Below is the anticipated schedule:
- Wednesday, Aug. 25 and Thursday, Aug. 26 – Founders’ Barrel Auction: Attendees and sponsors can bid on a chance to win exclusive wine curated specifically for OWE from all corners of the state. A Collectors’ Tasting will take place on Wednesday for previous bidders, sponsors and select Asante Foundation donors. Multiple tasting windows will take place on Thursday. All bidding is online.
- Thursday, Aug. 26 – Virtual Medal Celebration: This event will be hosted via a livestream showing for anyone to tune in virtually. Viewers will have a front row seat as the 2021 Oregon Wine Competition results are announced. Sponsors will receive exclusive “Medal Celebration in a box” packages to enjoy the award-winning wine and culinary bites. The general public will also have an option to purchase these while supplies last.
- Friday, Aug. 27 – Grand Tasting: Taste Oregon’s award-winning wine and culinary excellence. This includes multiple windows for smaller groups of attendees to enjoy the tastings in compliance with capacity and safety regulations.
- Saturday, Aug. 28 – Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake: During an opulent salmon dinner, the program will showcase the story of a local patient and the vast impact of community support through OWE. The master of ceremonies and auctioneer will take the audience on an engaging ride through a live auction with coveted auction items and cuing a Paddle Raise. The program will also be available online via livestream. Mobile bidding will be open all week for Silent Auction items.
- August – Ultimate Vintner Dinners: These small, intimate gatherings will take place at wineries and culinary partner locations throughout August for top-tier sponsors.
Another new enhancement to OWE is its elevated brand presence. Designed in partnership with Portland-based agency, Sasquatch, the new visual identity and website present the event as approachable, community-oriented and sincere, keeping Oregon wine and OWE’s commitment to philanthropy at the heart of the brand.
“Since 2015, OWE has grown exponentially, garnering statewide and national attention. The new brand represents the natural evolution of that transformation and our renewed focus. We truly believe that this signature event celebrates the very best of Oregon—the very best wine, food, attendees, sponsors, cause, and the beauty and wonder of Oregon,” said Harmon.
OWE will take place on the Bigham Knoll campus in Jacksonville, Oregon. For more details on the events, please visit theoregonwineexperience.com or call (541) 789-5025.