MEDFORD, Ore.–The Oregon Wine Experience® is pleased to announce that a panel of six exceptional judges has been finalized for this year’s Oregon Wine Competition® to be held August 6-7. These nationally renowned experts herald a significant change in the competition. Previously restricted to wines made with 100 percent Southern Oregon AVA grapes, this year the competition will open up to all wines made with 100 percent Oregon AVA grapes. This change represents the evolution of Oregon Wine Experience® and the Oregon Wine Competition® into prominent wine events for Oregon and the entire Pacific Northwest.
The judges for the 2016 Oregon Wine Competition® include:
- Mollie Battenhouse: Master of Wine, Advanced Sommelier.
- Bob Foster: Chief Judge, Central Coast Wine Competition, Paso Robles.
- Tim Hanni: Master of Wine, Wine Industry Faculty at Sonoma State University.
- Richard Jennings: Wine Writer & Critic, RJonWine.com.
- Adam Lapierre: Master of Wine, Teaching Staff at San Francisco Wine School.
- Luke Sykora: Wine Writer, Senior Editor – Wine & Spirits Magazine.
Note: Master of Wine (MW) is the most prestigious title in the world of wine and is issued by The Institute of Masters of Wine in the United Kingdom. There are currently only 338 Masters of Wine in 24 countries.
Full judges bios can be found here.